Tuesday, May 5, 2009

P is for passion -

the passion for boating in Port Townsend, that is. Sails, motors, paddles, oars or any means of getting out on the surrounding waters of this seaport town will do. The big event for this passion culminates every summer with the annual Wooden Boat Festival in September. It may be the largest show of wooden vessels of all sizes, shapes and types in the country. Not to be missed - be ye sailor or landlubber, it's three days and nights of something for everyone. Check it out here.

View all the posts using the letter P today at Mrs. Nesbitt's ABC Wednesday.


15 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, yes! How perfect for the "P" Day, Raf! And I would so love to see the boat festival!

Tash said...

Passion at the Port! Even a landlubber like me (sailing makes me queezy - I've tried it) loves the beauty of these boats. Marvy photo with the tall trees as a backdrop.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I wish we had this here. We used to build wooden tall ships, long time ago. The image is so silky and seemless. Flawless.

joo said...

Beautiful boat and photo. Eh, I can almost feel the wind and smell of the sea:)

Olivier said...

belle passion, ce voilier est superbe

great passion, this yacht is superb

Pat said...

Landlubber me still appreciates this beautiful shot. Oh---just saw that Tash is a landlubber, too!

Marie Reed said...

My Father is a boataholic and it has definitely rubbed off on me! I would LOVE to go to the wooden boat show! Pure heaven!

magiceye said...

terrific!

Rune Eide said...

I would have loved to be there. Wood ia wood and plastic is just plastic. BTW, there is one in Norway too

cieldequimper said...

Just my passion. A wooden boat spreading its sails. Lovely!

Dragonstar said...

Lovely! Sails are so photogenic - well, so is anything to do with boats. I wish I could visit in September, but I'll just have to visit your blog instead.

On behalf of the Team, as well as on my own account, thank you for your continued participation.

spacedlaw said...

Wonderful picture!

Unknown said...

Nice choice and shot for the letter.

Bradley Hsi said...

What a beautiful boat! Indeed, your really need "Passion" to up keep an wooden boat.

Pamposh Dhar said...

Ooh, I LOVE that photo! The light has done something magical to the sails and the water. And what an unusual idea for P - passion! Great post.

Pamposh of the ABC Team